CUPE 4207 is seeking Membership Mobilizers. The task of the position is to mobilize Unit 1 members during the collective bargaining period, which the local entered by giving Notice to Bargain on June 8, 2016.
The call is open to all, but qualified members of CUPE 4207 will have preference.
CUPE 4207 strongly encourages members of equity seeking groups to apply.
Terms of Appointment
Casual, without fixed schedule. Assignment–based; as need arises.
Duration: August 15, 2016 until Unit 1 Collective Agreement is ratified.
Pay: $25 per hour
Qualifying Requirements :
Applicants should be
- familiar with the process of collective bargaining and the collective agreements of CUPE 4207.
- self-directed and cooperative in carrying out tasks, outreach and event promotions.
- relatable in approach to membership; capable of listening and responding to members’ concerns in a manner that facilitates trust.
- motivated by genuine desire to advance Unit 1 members working conditions at Brock, which involves understanding the working conditions faced by our diverse membership.
- following trade union principles, CUPE constitution and CUPE Equality Statement. [http://cupe.ca/sites/cupe/files/2015_equality_statement.pdf]
Experience in union mobilizing is an asset.
General Description of Duties may include:
- Meeting and talking with members about matters related to their working conditions in connection with collective bargaining issues.
- Analyzing results of face-to-face talking with members.
- Informing and updating members about the Local’s events and development in bargaining.
- Aiding to and mobilizing our Faculty Stewards.
- Attending the Bargaining Support Committee meetings. Submitting written reports to the Executive Committee.
- Other such tasks.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by August 1, 2016, and provide relevant experience, the amount of hours you can contribute, how you can contribute to the work of mobilizing members, and explaining why you think this work is important for the membership of the local and the Brock campus in general. Also, please provide which academic department or center that you have worked in or have been trained in. Training will be provided.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or submit hard copies to CUPE 4207, MC C 402 (if office closed, drop off in mailbox next to the office door).
MC C 402
905 685 5550, ext. 4766