This year, we are having our annual social at the curling club! On Saturday, November 4th you have the chance to step on the ice and treat yourself to a game of curling! How exciting is that, eh?
The St. Catharines Curling Club is yes, an ice rink, but also a social meeting place. You can socialize in comfort over food and drinks at the common area close to the bar, overlooking the ice rink where your friends are finding out (many for the first time ever) what it means to play the game. Or you can test the game on the ice and then relax and chat with your coworkers over refreshments.
How to get in? There are two easy options:
- YES, I WANT TO TRY CURLING!
Choose your session and RSVP by October 26
Because the space on ice is limited, we need to know in advance how many members will be trying out the game. Very friendly volunteers, the pros of the Curling Club, will be doing the work of acquainting and training our members for a curling game. Below are scheduled three sessions. If you are interested in trying out the game please email the union at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which session you want to take a part in.
The Game Schedule:
First Session: 4pm – 6pm The first session is Family Friendly, no alcohol available.
Second Session: 7pm – 9pm
Third Session: 9pm – 11pm
- Each session includes 30 minutes of instruction, followed by 90 minutes of play.
- There are four playing fields (‘sheets’) on the ice, which means four concurrent games at once. There are four players on each team. We can fit 32 playing members on the whole ice per session (four games with eight players times four sheets).
- If you are coming with intention to curl, wear clean flat sole shoes and comfy clothing.
- Want to watch the curling game rules and see what fun and art curling is? Here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjxcZhbVSVQ volunteers
This social is open to all, however, preference will be given to 4207 members for the chance to curl, except for members bringing their families in the afternoon family session.
- I JUST WANT TO ENJOY THE SOCIAL AND WATCH MY FRIENDS PLAY.
No need to RSVP, just show up.
- Food is on the union and so are drinks. If budget is exceeded on alcoholic beverages, cash bar rule comes in effect.
- Bus Route from Downtown: #408
Bus Route from Fairview Mall: #414