Executive Assistant To President of CUPE Local 4156
One (1) Temporary position 18 to 30 Hours per Week / 6 Month Position
Rate of pay $22.88 per hour
Deadline for submission is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 1, 2021
Reporting to the President of CUPE Local 4156, the successful applicant will be a key part of the CUPE 4156 team.
The individual will provide confidential administrative support and secretary services, coordination, consolidate, and review the expenditure of the budget for the President in a computerized office environment, and act as liaison between the President, the executive, the membership, vendors, affiliations.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Post-Secondary Office Administration/Business graduate or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office automation systems with specific training in automated word processing, spreadsheet, and data base applications.
- Knowledge Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Ability to work with Web hosting platforms.
- Must have excellent typing/keyboarding skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Skills and Duties
- Compose correspondence on behalf of the President and Executive Board members. • Coordinate various functions/union issues as designated by the President.
- Research, collect and present statistical data or survey information for the President. • Receive all telephone calls on behalf of the Local.
- Prepare a schedule of all reports being prepared for meetings and assist in report preparation – format, numbering, forms etc.
- Perform secretarial, typing, and clerical duties as assigned.
- Arrange meetings with various groups; send out notices, agendas, minutes.
- Update and maintain general office filing system, keeping an up-to-date index of files. • Arrange leaves of absences.
- Undertake special projects or tasks or other related duties as requested.
- Maintain an up-to-date listing of all Membership, job titles and job locations in Google Docs. • Update membership information on the website as needed.
- Add posts to website and arrange for email blasts and phone blasts to be sent to members as required.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Executive Assistant” as your e-mail subject line before 4:00 p.m. on October 1st, 2021. We thank all the candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.