This Monday, September 25th, is our very first General Membership Meeting this Fall. Food, drinks and a draw for a prize for a solved crossword puzzle!
- Unit 3 Bargaining Update
- Unit 1 Health Benefit Plan, Q&A.
- Election of One Delegate to the Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL) Convention, November 19-24, Toronto.
- Election of up to 2 members to CUPE Ontario Injured Workers/H&S Conference, October 17-21, Toronto.
- Reports from delegates to CUPE Ontario Convention and CLC Convention.
- Refreshments for GMMs in 2017-2018
- Donation for Disaster Relief
- Subscription from Lancaster House
- Political Action Conference, CUPE Ontario Fall School
OUR LOCAL’S UNIT 3, all instructors in ESL services, have been negotiating a new contract for a a few months now. The employer is wielding a heavy hand, pressuring the instructors to accept conditions existing before their unionization.
Come to the Special General Membership Meeting to learn about the current status of Unit 3 bargaining and hear/ participate in the discussion and decision-making about future steps our local will take in the negotiations.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9th 2017
4 pm in GL 164.
As a Special GMM the meeting’s agenda is as follows (no regular GMM agenda is in order):
Bargaining Updates – Unit 3
Bargaining Mobilization – Unit 3
Strike Mandate Vote – Unit 3
Come to tonight’s SPECIAL GMM if you can, to help UNIT 1 bargaining team protect INSTRUCTOR JOBS!
The meeting is on one agenda item only (strike budget) but we also need to send a super strong message to our B.T. that the motion members made at November GMM needs to be honoured. We cannot be split by the employer, unity is of utmost importance- no loss of jobs for instructors!
See letter your fellow Instructor, unit 1 member sent last night: Continue reading
Our first Fall Term GMM is on THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 29 –*********** T-O-D-A-Y **********
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Please Note Room Has Changed to PLAZA 409
View tentative AGENDA here. Items can be added at the meeting.
ASK THE BARGAINING TEAM ABOUT DEVELOPMENTS IN BARGAINING. The meeting will happen after two rounds of Unit 1negotiations with the employer (September 22 and 23).
There will be free food!
THURSDAY APRIL 14 at 5 PM in GL 164
At the AGM we will be electing a new
- Executive Committee positions
- Faculty Stewards
- Health and Safety officers
- Delegates to CUPE Niagara District Council
- Delegates to Niagara Regional Labour Council
- Attendees to the Health & Safety School
There will be
– our BUDGET for the upcoming year
– First Aid Training for Science Workers for 2016-2017
– Position of a Membership Mobilizer
Food and drinks will be there to nourish you while making important working conditions decisions.
For special accommodations and childcare reimbursement, please contact the union prior to the AGM.