These two workshops were requested by our local and will be hosted by the Niagara District CUPE Council. They will be offered September 22-23, 2018.
This is just a heads up. Details and registration link will follow.
- Introduction to Stewarding
o What does a CUPE steward do? If you are a new steward and want to learn how to help CUPE members solve workplace problems, this introductory workshop is for you!
In this workshop, you will learn:
- investigating workplace problems;
- filing a grievance;
- meeting with management;
- dealing with workplace complaints.
- Recording Secretary
o Recording Secretaries play a vital role in keeping local unions strong.
Learn how to:
- take clear and accurate meeting minutes;
- organize files;
- process and write correspondence;
- Communicate effectively with members.
We have put in the request to host the two courses fort September 22-23 at the Niagara CUPE Area Office.
Once we receive that the course registration is open we will send out an email.